I figured it was time to let you know where I stand politically.
- I believe that every child has a right to a free, quality K-12 education.
- I believe that every worker has the right to join a union and demand better working conditions, pay and benefits.
- I believe every citizen has the right to affordable health care, ideally a universal plan to cover all citizens in order to ensure optimum quality and cost control.
- I believe every parent has a right to affordable child care.
- I believe every soldier has the right to fight only when needed, guard only when just and receive praise whenever possible.
- I believe every teacher has the right to smaller class sizes and larger paychecks.
- I believe every woman has the right to determine her reproductive present and future.
- I believe that every citizen has the right to reasonably affordable higher education.
- I believe that every person has the right to love anyone they choose, regardless of race, creed, gender or other defining characteristic.
- I believe that our children have the right to live in a world free from racism, sexism, elitism and any other negative -isms.
- I believe in the right to free speech, free press and free religion–even if I don’t like the way in which you exercise that right.
- I believe in responsible gun ownership–which means tighter controls on gun ownership.
- I believe in the separation of church and state.
What do you believe?
You can check out the other parts of the “I Believe” series here: Part One, Part Two, Part Three, Part Four, Part Five, Part Six , Part Seven, Part Eight, Part Nine, Part Ten, Part Eleven and Part Twelve.