- Even though I don’t use my Yahoo mail anymore, I still have Yahoo as my default homepage. I guess old habits die hard. In any event, I open my browser this morning and am greeted with this headline: “Mom Missing After People’s Court Dispute.” I looked at the story and the People’s Court dispute was with her ex-fiance, not her children. So why is this woman listed as being a “missing mom”? Oh, that’s right: because apparently the media loves stories about missing women with children. I guess those of us without children aren’t as important when we go missing. (Not to mention the missing women of color that go missing on a daily basis and are never profiled by the mainstream media.) </end rant>
- Apparently tampons have turned into fortune cookies while we weren’t looking. I guess it’s not enough that our Dove chocolate has to tell us cute little sayings that are supposed to make us feel better, but now our feminine products have to as well. Classy.
- Detroit’s own Justin Verlander won the American League MVP award yesterday. I’d take a World Series Championship over his Cy Young and MVP any day, but they are nice consolation prizes. Not to mention the fact that he deserves them.
- The drive into work was so nice this morning. Apparently people decided to start taking the Tuesday before Thanksgiving off in addition to Wednesday and Friday. It works for me as it gets my perpetually late ass a chance at making it to work on time.
- Last night The Mister and I were looking at Black Friday deals. The sad (or maybe happy?) part of this is that we weren’t looking at the deals for anyone other than ourselves.
- Upon urging from a friend, The Mister and I engaged in a weekend marathon of Game of Thrones. I find that show fascinating in its portrayal of women in particular.
- If you haven’t watched this video of this girl with a maniacal laugh yet, you haven’t lived.
- Mr. CVD and I went to Best Buy last night to pick up some sale items. I haven’t been in that store in ages. Their main focus seems to be electronics and video games and, frankly, I’d rather go elsewhere for that kind of thing. The trip there last night confirmed this. Their two racks of CDs is ultra sad.
What’s on your mind today?