- For the past week my right wrist has been killing me. At first, I thought it was the onset of carpal tunnel in full force. But as I described it to various people who know about carpal tunnel, they said it didn’t sound like it. So I did some online research and found that it could be this thing called DeQuervain’s Tendinitis…it feels and acts just like how they describe it and it has been known to be exacerbated by hormones. Hmmm…anyone around these parts been on hormones lately? I should probably go to the doctor, but I think one more doctor at this point might be the death of me. Plus, the traditional management is NSAID pain relievers….which I cannot take right now. I do have a prescription for wrist braces that should still be good. Maybe I’ll try that out for awhile. All I know is that I can’t lose the functionality of my right hand…I am a righty for a reason. My left hand is fairly useless in everything except typing on a keyboard.
- Part of the reason I don’t want to go to the doctor is that every time I go see him, he makes me schedule a physical. I am never assertive enough to tell him no and so I schedule it and end up missing it and getting a nasty letter. I don’t need a f*cking physical. I have my health monitored more than most 90 year old women, let alone 30 year old women. I’m not against doctors in general or physicals in principle, I just know that if something were to be going on, someone would have caught it by now.
- The Mister got a tribble yesterday and has been bugging me with it for about 12 hours now. Maybe a bit more. A tribble is this mix between a Furby and a kitten that was used in a Star Trek episode back in the day (and again in a Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode later when they traveled back in time). God help me for knowing that information. Anyhow, the damn thing purrs and squeaks and it won’t shut the f*ck up. And it looks like it needs a good hot oil treatment. I ended up chucking it across the house when it wouldn’t shut up while I was watching Game of Thrones. Do not mess with my shows, damn you.
- Yesterday’s “Hot Slut of the Day” on Dlisted was Disco the Parakeet. This video made me want a parakeet. We had a blue parakeet that my mom got on a whim when I was a kid named Feathers. (The creativity in that name is overwhelming, I know.) The damn thing turned vicious after she held it ever so tightly one day while my dad cleaned the cage. When it’d get out, my brother and I would hide from it. That thing would peck your eyes out without a second thought. Trust me.
- After President Obama’s bold, much needed and important statement on gay marriage recently, all kinds of celebrities and leaders in the black community have come out to support gay marriage. Even the NAACP has come out in favor of it. (And they say his words don’t mean a thing…please.) The worst voice of “support” though came from over-with rapper 50 Cent. He thinks that in addition to gay marriage, we need support groups for straight men “in the case you’ve been on the elevator and somebody decides they want to grab your little buns.” You know, because homosexual men are just out in force playing a massive game of grab ass and he’s their next victim. I think he has himself confused with all women and homosexual men confused with straight men.
What’s on your mind today?