- Despite being all knocked up and busy as hell, I managed to get an A- in the one grad class I was taking this semester. I’M A GENIUS.
- Except I’m not really a genius. Apparently, I failed the section of school devoted to measuring things with a tape measure. Despite measuring thrice (that’s three times), I failed to properly measure for the window shades for the babies’ room. This caused the first two visits in a several visit set to Home Depot to fix it. Then at some point the people at Home Depot messed it up. Needless to say, it was way more difficult putting cheap roller shades in that room than it was to do anything else.
- Congrats to President Obama on being selected as Time Magazine’s Person of the Year. It’s not like winning reelection, but it’s a nice little plaque to put in your office and something to put on your resume. You know, like he needs to keep a resume at this point.
- What Obama should have really won an award for is his ability to relate to kids. I mean…he got caught in “Spiderman’s” web, for christ’s sake. He knows how to relate to kids. And to me, that means he knows how to be a decent human being.
- In one of the most ridiculous attention-seeking moments of all time, Deadmau5 (and I say that as “Dead-mow-five, because I refuse to say Dead mouse instead) proposed to Kat Von D (and I say that with a massive eye roll engaged) on Twitter. I could comment that this is all so post-modern and performance art and whatnot, but I think it’s just really idiotic. Can we not keep our lives somewhat sacred anymore?
- People are going all apocalyptic about Instagram’s change of terms of service. The argument is that now they will be able to sell your photos. Not so fast there, gunslinger. That’s not what the terms really say, first of all. But more importantly…it’s a social media site, just like Facebook. Did you think you had actual rights when using it? Social media sites are the newest bastions of fascism anywhere. Sorry to burst your bubble, but Facebook and Twitter aren’t any better.
- Ms. TC shared a lovely story about the ever-intelligent Megan Fox complaining about her pregnancy and comparing it to a ‘vampire pregnancy” a la Twilight. Her big pregnancy troubles? Morning sickness limited to the first trimester. THE HORROR. Listen, I understand that morning sickness sucks balls. But when your biggest beef is that you had morning sickness during the first trimester only, then you had a pretty decent pregnancy. Complaining about it really makes you look like an ass. (Not that Megan Fox was winning any Decent Person of the Year awards anyhow…)
What’s on your mind today?