- I’m not big on college football to begin with, but last night’s BCS championship game was one of the most boring football games ever. To make it even more unbearable, the gushing over the Alabama QB’s girlfriend (who happens to be a former Miss Alabama) tended to be a bit much. Word on the street is that she increased her twitter followers last night by about 100,000. Not even kidding. One of those followers? LeBron James. To me she just looks like a slightly more with it Audrina Patridge.
- Awhile back I signed up to qualify for Jeopardy if the chance ever arose. A few weeks ago, I received an email inviting me to an online qualifying test. That test is tonight. Wish me luck.
- Remember that whole bit in the Bible when Jesus was all “don’t throw stones” and whatnot? Well, it seems that one of the brilliant priests who testified against Illinois proposed same sex marriage bill found himself in a bit of a quandary requiring police help…as in he got stuck in his gag and handcuffs. I guess his extra curricular activities weren’t so wholesome and pure after all. And here he wants to keep committed people from getting married and he can’t even locate the spare key to his play handcuffs. Come on, man.
- I’ve been having moments of doubt about my ability to parent lately. I think it comes with the territory of being on the precipice of parenthood. And then I see a story like this: Farrah, one of the teen mom’s from MTV’s Teen Mom show posted a blog about how she felt the need to hot wax her daughter’s “unibrow” because it was bothering her. Her daughter is all of three years old. And when the wax experiment didn’t work, she plucked the poor girl’s unibrow when she was asleep and gave her a complex about it when she woke up. So all in all, I’m thinking I have a shot at Parent of the Year in comparison.
- I am so glad I wasn’t a tween when the internet was the way it is these days. In response to Justin Bieber smoking pot, some less than stable fans started a campaign in which they cut themselves to express displeasure in Bieber’s drug use…as in self-mutilation. Now, as someone who has lived through thoughts of self-harm, I have to say that this is incredibly insensitive. But more importantly, it’s scary. Why do a bunch of fans care what the kid smokes so much as to change their own bodies in response? What the hell is going on in society these days? Can we hold a Mean Girls style after-school trust fall or something?
- Pink’s video for “Try” has to be the only time in history that interpretive dance has worked as an art form.
- There is this random noise that happens in our living room vicinity that is driving The Mister nuts. It’s seriously not a big deal and it’s probably just some old house effect. But he’s now driving me nuts trying to figure out what it is. He swears it’s outside (it’s not) and has now left the front door open so I can listen for it from the living room. I think I need to borrow that priest’s handcuffs to keep him back in his office today.
What’s on your mind today?