The Life Project
The Life Project is a set of goals and aspirations that I may or may not achieve, but that I will strive for nevertheless. Feel free to steal the graphic and start your own list.
The Life Project List will be updated as time goes on.
1. Avoid using jargon at all costs. This especially includes any form of “that being said,” and or “put a pin in it.” STATUS UPDATE: Continuing, but accomplished thus far.
2. Give a baby a bath.
3. Launch my own endeavor–a company, a ‘zine (which I’m seriously considering now) or something of the like. STATUS UPDATE: ACCOMPLISHED and continuing.
4. Master the art of driving a stick shift such that I don’t feel nervous in traffic.
5. Teach a class in an organized university or college setting. STATUS UPDATE: As of May 2012, I will be finished teaching my first university class.
6. Ride on a motorcycle, preferably a Harley.
7. Drive at least part of Route 66.
8. Have something of mine widely published.
9. Have my fortune read by tarot cards. STATUS UPDATE: ACCOMPLISHED!
10. Grow and consume at least one edible thing. STATUS UPDATE: ACCOMPLISHED!
11. Learn how to make a perfect pot of coffee–not too strong, not too weak. STATUS UPDATE: No longer necessary through use of the Keurig. Technology won here. And that’s fine by me.
12. Volunteer my services to an organization for animals. STATUS UPDATE: ACCOMPLISHED!
13. Write a memoir.
14. Start a funny Facebook group that gains thousands of members.
15. Walk for a cause–AIDS Walk, Breast Cancer Walk, etc. STATUS UPDATE: IN PROGRESS. Relay for Life is in June 2012.
16. Win a karaoke contest.
17. Own a convertible.
18. Invent a gadget.
19. Learn to make a wicked awesome paper airplane.
20. Find some joy in cooking.
21. Read something by Nietzche.
22. Take an actual (read: not online) IQ test.
23. Host a dinner party.
24. Draft a family tree–no matter how rough it is.
25. Go whale watching.
26. Meet a rock star, preferably Bono.
27. Write another novel
28. Mentor a child
29. Do a stand-up routine.
30. Get involved with local politics.
31. Be totally comfortable with my body.
32. Visit California
33. Re-watch all of The X-Files
34. Learn how NOT to be scared/nervous on The Family Boat. STATUS UPDATE: Sort of accomplished. With the use of Xanax this is possible. But the boat is just too low in the water for my comfort level. We’re looking into trading it in for a pontoon. That’s more my speed.
35. Watch all of AFI’s 100 Greatest Movies
36. Get hypnotized, or at least try to be
37. Pay off my credit cards once and for all
38. Sleep on a beach
39. Take singing lessons. STATUS UPDATE: ACCOMPLISHED! I took two singing lessons in 2011. I’d love to take more, but money and time are factors. I had great fun with these.
40. Get a really good night’s sleep